I’m down to the last four beds to cultivate and my little cultivator decided to not work anymore. So I tore it apart, got covered in grease, and proceeded to fix nothing. *sigh* I need parts. The gears that turn the tines are completely worn out. I knew the clay in Montana was tough to work with but I didn’t think it was that bad. I don’t think I’ve had that cultivator that long. Maybe four years? I think we bought it not long after buying the house in Montana so that would be almost 5 years I guess. If I remember correctly it is a little Troy-built. The little engine still works great so I’d hate if I had to completely replace the whole thing. Knowing the way this world works though I may have to do that.
It is looking like I’m going to have a few weekends of turning wrenches. My car needs new intake manifold gaskets and front wheel bearings and now my tiller needs work. I hope my husband is ready for hanging out with the kids and letting me get it done. I’ll have to get the parts during the week along with planting the garden during the week too. It is times like this I miss the well stocked shop I used to work in. It was organized too. My garage will get there but it sure isn’t there right now what with having just moved in.
Hmmmm… As I’m watching the sprinkler go around I’m realizing I need to get some greens planted. Maybe I can get that done this morning or afternoon. Maybe. Today is grocery day so that puts a kink in everything I want to get done at the house. I suppose if I want to get anything at all done today I’d better get it in gear.